HBUS Updated FAQ (May 2021)
- Why did I receive a notice from HBUS regarding the withdrawal of assets in my account?
As a result of HBUS’ intent to dissolve, it is required by law to report unclaimed assets, including any unclaimed cryptocurrency balances. If you received a notice notifying you to withdraw your assets, your HBUS account may contain remaining assets. If you are the owner of the account, please refer to the notice for the account number and asset amount and contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to:
- Transfer your cryptocurrency to another platform or exchange of your choosing OR
- Close your account, liquidate the cryptocurrency, and have a check issued to you for the liquidated value OR
- Notify HBUS that you are not the owner of this account and related cryptocurrency OR
- Share other information about your account and your preferences in handling the outstanding cryptocurrency balance.
- Can I still withdraw my assets even if I did not receive a notice?
Yes, you have until June 1, 2021 to contact HBUS at email@example.com to place a withdrawal request for the assets remaining in your account. You may request for the assets to be transferred to another platform/exchange of your choosing OR for the assets to be liquidated and a check issued to you for the liquidated value.
- How do I place a withdrawal request for my cryptocurrency assets?
You have until June 1, 2021 to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your account number (UID) and asset information. You will be requested to verify your account before your withdrawal request can be processed. You may refer to the above options for the withdrawal of your assets and/or other actions regarding your account.
- Can I still access my account and withdraw assets directly? What if I do not know how much cryptocurrency asset is left in my account?
HBUS ceased to operate as of January 31, 2020. You are no longer able to log in, make deposits or withdraw assets directly from your account. If you have received a notice, you can refer to the notice for details of your account balance. If you did not receive a notice, or are otherwise unable to determine the amount of assets left in your account, please contact email@example.com for help. You will be requested to verify your account to gain access to your account’s asset information.
- What if my assets do not meet the minimum withdrawal requirement?
You can contact HBUS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a withdrawal of your assets, even if they are below the minimum withdrawal requirement. Please note that, if you choose to transfer your cryptocurrency assets to another platform/exchange of your choosing, a transaction fee may be applied to your withdrawal amount by the transaction network. If the withdrawal amount is lower than the transaction fee, your withdrawal may not be processed.
- What happens if I do not withdraw my assets before June 1, 2021?
You have until June 1, 2021 to contact HBUS at email@example.com to withdraw your assets. After June 1, 2021, any unclaimed assets in your account may be reported and remitted to the state under which your account is registered. As the state will become the legal custodian of the property after escheatment, you will need to contact your state’s unclaimed property division directly to claim the property. Please note that most states are requiring liquidation of assets prior to reporting to states.
- How do I withdraw fiat assets?
HBUS does not directly manage customers’ fiat assets. Please contact Prime Trust (https://primetrust.com/) to withdraw your fiat assets.
- If I need additional support, where should I go?
Please contact HBUS support at firstname.lastname@example.org